"His Power Made Known"
“His Power Made Known”
We have sinned as our fathers.
The fathers of the children of Israel had sinned.
Even when in Egypt.
Watch what the Lord did…
We have sinned like our fathers,
We have committed iniquity, we have behaved wickedly.
Our fathers in Egypt did not understand Your wonders;
They did not remember Your abundant kindnesses,
But rebelled by the sea, at the Red Sea.
Nevertheless He saved them for the sake of His name,
That He might make His power known.
- committed iniquity
- behaved wickedly
- did not understand the Lord’s wonders…the 10 plagues!
- did not remember the abundant kindnesses of the Lord
- rebelled against the Lord, by the Red Sea
So have we.
We have sinned.
We do not remember.
Nevertheless, the Lord:
- saved them
- saved them for the sake of His name
- made known His power through them
The same for us.
He has saved us…if we have truly repented, confessed.
He has done so, not due to anything we have done, but that His power may be made known.
May His power rule and reign in us.