"…to the Praise of His glory…"
“...to the praise of His glory...”
Without doubt the Lord has lavished His love upon us.
His mercy, grace and love are beyond measure.
Let us continue to consider what He has done…
In all wisdom and insight
9 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him
10 with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth. In Him
11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,
12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory.
13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.
Every word, phrase, sentence and paragraph in Ephesians is full of meaning. Each must be parsed in the Spirit. Paying attention to the pronouns is imperative.
Let’s list the truths.
- the Lord moves in all wisdom and insight
- Father made known the mystery of His will
- this revelation of the mystery of His will is according to His kind intention which He (Father) purposed in Him (the Lord Jesus)
- all things will be summed in in Christ...in the fullness of the times…all things in the heavens and things on the earth
- we have obtained and inheritance in Him
- we have been predestined according to His purpose
- He works all things after the counsel of His will
- to what purpose? to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory… “to the praise of the glory of His grace”...a phrase that I have yet to complete wrap my mind and spirit around… listen to this “To the Praise of His Glory”
- in Him we heard, we believed, we were sealed by the Holy Spirit
- the Holy Spirit is a pledge to the inheritance yet to come, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possessions - us!
Read the passage again…the Authorized Version this time.
Note the flow of emphasis...is more revealed to you?
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Do we live “to the praise of His glory”?
Do we live in complete trust in the Lord?
Have you trusted?
Have you heard?
Have you believed?
If so, you are sealed.
There is a redemption yet to come.
Beloved, how are we to live as Believers?
With such done for us...all we can do is worship, walk in obedience...
Praise the Lord!
(For Facebook folk...hyperlink-enabled version of this communique is available at