In several places in the Scripture the Lord prophesies to the land…to the actual ground.
Here is a passage where He prophesies to the mountains related to the fruit that they will bear.
“Therefore thus says the Lord GOD,
‘I have sworn that surely the nations which are around you will themselves endure their insults.
‘But you, O mountains of Israel, you will put forth your branches and bear your fruit for My people Israel; for they will soon come.
‘For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you will be cultivated and sown.
‘I will multiply men on you, all the house of Israel, all of it;
and the cities will be inhabited and the waste places will be rebuilt.
‘I will multiply on you man and beast; and they will increase and be fruitful;
and I will cause you to be inhabited as you were formerly and will treat you better than at the first. Thus you will know that I am the LORD.
‘Yes, I will cause men—My people Israel—to walk on you and possess you, so that you will become their inheritance and never again bereave them of children.’
The Lord declares that the the nations themselves will endure the insults that they have hurled against Israel and her land.
The Lord then declares a Word to the mountains of Israel…
- They shall put forth their branches and bear fruit for God’s people, Israel
- The people will come soon
- The men will be multiplied
- Cities inhabited
- Waste places rebuilt
- The Lord will cause the mountains to be inhabited with more…better than before…His people Israel…walk on them, possess them
- Thus they…mountains? people?…will know that He is Lord
- The mountains will be an inheritance and will not bereave them of children
We see this occurring today.
In the lifetime of many of us.
The Word of the Lord is being fulfilled.
It has only begun!